phone icon1-246-535-9700
letter icon1-246-426-2405
Home > Adding a father’s name to a Birth record

Adding a father’s name to a Birth record

The father of a child who is not married to the mother of that child may if he wishes have his name placed on that child’s birth certificate.

What are the requirements?

The following documents must be produced:

  • A signed declaration by both mother and father of the child – these declarations are obtained from the Registration Department.

  • Birth certificate of that child

  • Identification of both parents

  • Sworn declaration by a child over eighteen (18) years.

How long does the process take?

Provided all required documents are produced the process is completed the same day.

Cost of the process

The only cost is for a new birth certificate.