phone icon1-246-535-9700
letter icon1-246-426-2405
Home > Correcting errors on certificates

Correcting errors on certificates

What is the process?
Where an error is discovered on a birth certificate the person requesting the correction shall inform the Senior Legal Assistant, Records Section.

who may request correction of an error?

  • The mother of the child

  • The father of the child

  • A relative who must be of the age of majority and at least five years older than the child

  • Any person having knowledge regarding the error.

Documents required:

  • The erroneous certificate

  • Identification card of person requesting the correction

  • Sworn affidavit attesting to the correction of the error