Correcting errors on certificates
What is the process?
Where an error is discovered on a birth certificate the person requesting the correction shall inform the Senior Legal Assistant, Records Section.
who may request correction of an error?
- The mother of the child
- The father of the child
- A relative who must be of the age of majority and at least five years older than the child
- Any person having knowledge regarding the error.
- The erroneous certificate
- Identification card of person requesting the correction
- Sworn affidavit attesting to the correction of the error